Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Browser Problems

I only noticed recently that this blog does not display properly in Internet Explorer. Foolish me, ever since Firefox 1.0 came out, I never used any other browser, not even to test. So all you IE, Opera, Advanced Browser and Safari users, better switch to open source software now.

Grrr. Collegian layout problems. The pirated copy of Adobe InDesign CS2 installed in the graphics computer just expired, and the newspaper template cannot be read in the lower versions of InDesign (believe me, I installed InDesign 2.0 and InDesign CS to test). We tried to install the software in the other computer, but the RAM fell short of the minimum. I recommended reformatting the graphics computer to erase the InDesign CS2 registry entry, but it's too much of a hassle. I know a bit about registry editing, but I don't want to experiment yet since the little I know is dangerously little. "I just wanted to crack the game...I didn't mean to crash your computer...It's the registry's fault..." I also recommended swapping the RAMs of the two computers, but I'm a software guy - I'm such an idiot when it comes to hardware. So now, it's two-thirty Wednesday morning, and the layout hasn't started yet. Anyway, I'm not the layout artist and I still have a column to write.

My current playlist:
1. Death Cab for Cutie - A Movie Script Ending
2. Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh
3. Belle and Sebastian - Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner
4. The Magic Numbers - Love Is Just A Game
5. Ben Jelen - Come On
6. The Gufs - Last Goodbye
7. Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down
8. Pale Sunday - Punk Rock Girl
9. Thom Yorke - And It Rained All Night
10. The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

No comments: