Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fatso

I can count the number of times I’ve stepped on a weighing scale in my entire life. Not that I’m afraid of what I’d see; it’s just that I didn’t care. I think the last time was in 2001; I was with some friends on a particularly slow night – Vinzz, Nijan, Arjay, Bobby, I think Johan was with us too, I couldn’t remember. We weren’t doing anything and we just thought we’d weigh ourselves to pass the time. What I did remember was how much I weighed: 112 lbs. Quite normal considering my age. Since then, I put on more and more pounds and just kept adding about 5 pounds on my estimated weight each year.

Then last week, I found myself on a weighing scale. Net weight: 146 lbs. Three pounds away from being officially overweight. The other numbers startled me more than the weight though.

  • 2.2% in excess of the (upper bound) normal fat index
  • 4 lbs. in excess of the (upper bound) normal fat mass
  • 0.5 kg/m2 shy of the (upper bound) normal BMI
  • I have high blood pressure; considerably lower than hypertension levels, but no laughing matter either, since it exceeded the supposed to be normal values

I’ll cut down on…something (maybe). I don’t want to die before May 2010, which is when Lost will conclude its sixth and final season.

No comments: